"STAND FIRM" Patrick Henry Art Print
Launching in 2019 is VOL I of the graphic novel and online strip of "DEFIANCE - The Spirit of America" created by Artist Tony Moreschi.
The back cover art to VOL I is now available and titled "Stand Firm" which is available as a giclee fine art paper print in two different sizes ( 18" x 27" and 24" x 36") and in THREE different versions. Each "version" has a different quote from three of our greatest founding fathers: General George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Patrick Henry.
Oil on canvas mounted to board, 18" x 24"
Status of Original Painting: Sold.
Here we have the "Patrick Henry" version of "Stand Firm."
The distinguished Patrick Henry, having been proclaimed the greatest orator of Virginia and first orator of America attended the Virginia Convention, of which he was a member, on the 20th of March, 1775 in Richmond. The colonies, expressing extreme grievances and wishing great firmness in their constitutional rights; were also very much ardent in their wishes for a return of that friendly intercourse with the Crown from which the colonies had derived so much benefit. But with Patrick Henry it was different and on March 23, 1775, Mr. Henry was given a chance to persuade the Convention of delegates and patriots with his famous "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" speech.
Here is an excerpt from his speech (bold wording is on this print):
"... There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable-and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
1. The 18" x 27" (IMAGE SIZE) (Print size with white border is 19"x 28") sized print is an "Open Edition" print set. An "Open Edition" print set means the print will be produced as long as the Studio decides to produce it.
2. The 24" x 36" (IMAGE SIZE) (Print size with white border is 25"x 37") sized print set is a "Limited Edition" print set of only 75. This means only 75 prints will be made and come with a certificate of authenticity.
3. All prints are personally signed by Artist Tony Moreschi. Tony also personally numbers the Limited Edition prints.
4. The Light blue watermark visible on the web image IS NOT present on the prints being sold, it is only for web or print advertisement purposes only.
5. Prints are produced by using "giclee" high quality ink jet printing on heavy fine art ink jet quality paper.